Garlic soup a hundred times more efficient than antibiotics
The results showed that garlic soup is a hundred times more efficient than antibiotics and therefore many traditional cultures have been using garlic soup as a medicine for treating common colds, flu and Norovirus.
In the last few years, people have replaced the usage of conventional antibiotics with the usage of natural remedies for colds and flu treatment, since they don’t contain side effects as numerous prescribed medications does.
People who suffer from Norovirus infection may experience the following symptoms:
- Abdominal pain or cramps.
- Watery or loose diarrhea.
- Low-grade fever.
- Muscle pain
The main reason why garlic soup finds great application in common colds, flu and Norovirus treatment is due to its strong antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal effects. According to the results from the numerous conducted studies at the Washington University, garlic soup is a hundred times more efficient than antibiotics mostly used for curing different ailments caused by bacteria responsible for diseases transmitted through food.
This healing effects garlic owes to its natural compound known as allicin.
Regular consumption of garlic plays an essential role for your overall health and it is recommended to add it to your favorite meals, salads, spread it over a slice of bread, or mix it with olive oil. This will strengthen your immune system and will keep you healthy and away from diseases.
- 50 garlic cloves or 5 bulbs, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 6 cups clear chicken broth
- A bunch of fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, bay leaf) you may also use dried herbs instead of fresh
- 3 cups stale bread, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut off the cloves from the bulb and place them on aluminum foil.
- Scatter some olive oil over the garlic cloves and allow them to roast for hour and a half.
- Remove the garlic and let it cool off for couple of minutes.
- At the same time, heat small amount of butter and 2 tbsp. of olive oil in another pot.
- Add the onions and cook for 10 minutes. Once the garlic is roasted, mash it using a fork and add it in the pot.
- Add the chicken broth and the herbs.
- Add the bread and cook it for 5 more minutes on lower heat.
- Once the bread is softening, blend the soup in immersion or regular blender until it becomes smooth.
- Put the mixture on the heat and then add some sour cream. You can also add some salt and pepper for taste.
Prepare this garlic soup when the first symptoms of cold and flu occur, and you will feel significant improvements immediately.