Natural ways to significantly lower your high cholesterol
Cholesterol is a basic substance for life. Unbalancing of the good and the bad cholesterol can cause numerous diseases such as heart attack and stroke. However, if it is timely detected it can be cured. But the best way to lower your high cholesterol level is by consuming certain food which the nature give us.
There are two types of cholesterol:
–LDL (low density lipoprotein) –considered as “bad cholesterol“- because the high level of cholesterol is unhealthy
–HDL (high density lipoprotein)-considered as “good cholesterol“-because can reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke
When do you need to treat cholesterol?
- if you suffer from diabetes
- if you smoke excessively
- if you have high blood pressure
- if you have low HDL cholesterol levels
- if you are a man older than 45
- if you are a woman older than 55
- have faced heart risk larger than 20% within 10 years
To lower your cholesterol you should use these herbs and vitamins
A lot of studies have shown that the Vitamin B3 also known as Niacin is considered as the most essential in regulating the high cholesterol level and can lower it by 10 % to 20%. Moreover, it also helps to lower the arteriosclerosis levels.
- Artichoke leaf- The extract from the artichoke leaf has proven to be extremely beneficial in treating cholesterol levels. It contains a substance called cynarin which is efficient for many purposes such as stimulating the bile production in liver and accelerating the bile flow from the gallbladder.
- Soluble Fiber – helps to lower high cholesterol levels by absorption of fats and to lose body weight. It also reduces the risk of heart diseases.
Food that contains soluble fiber in order to lower high cholesterol levels:
- Apples, prunes and berries
- Carrots, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, yams
Plant Sterols and Stanols
Other two compounds effective for lowering high cholesterol are plant sterols and stanols and combined with other cholesterol treating products can be quite successful. They can be found in margarine, orange juice and dressings. Despite the fact that they can lower the LDL cholesterol, has not been confirmed that they increase the HDL cholesterol.
Other substances that lower cholesterol:
- Red Yeast Rice
- Coenzyme Q10
Don’t Forget To Like Our FanPage : https://www.facebook.com/healthyfoodquotes