Bananas Skins with Black-Eyed Peas
- 4 green banana peel
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- ½ cup black-eyed peas (soaked overnight)
- ½ tsp of mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Juice of one lemon
- Slice the peelsintosmallpiecesandboilinwaterwithturmericanda pinch ofsalt. Adda fewdropsofoiltothewater in order to prevent the sap from sticking to your pot.Boil the mixture, andthensimmeruntilthe peels becometender. Drain, and keep the liqiud for a lateruse (tocookriceoras a baseforsoup).
- Boil the black eyed peas until tender, if they are fresh. If you are using canned, rinse and drain them.
- Warm the coconutoilinskilletorfryingpanovermediumheat. Addmustardseedsandcookuntilthey begin popping.
- Addthe boiledbanana peelsandblack-eyedpeas, stir, andcookforabout 5 minutes. Removefromheatandadd the coconut and stir again.Addsalttotasteandfinishwithlimejuice. Serve. Enjoy.
Green or yellow banana peel?
Ripe bananas are providing more cancer fighting characteristics and they can help your body create white blood cells.
Green peas are a better choice for those who want to lose weight, because they are richer in probiotics than the yellow ones. Probiotics aid digestion. Also, it has been proven that green peels stimulate the production of serotonin and dopamine.
You may find it difficult to eat the peel, but there are some ways you can do it.
For instance, try preparing yourself a smoothie. Remove both ends of the peel and add them in a blender, together with some coconut milk, cinnamon, ice, and any other ingredient according to your preferences. If you choose this method, always use the yellow bananas since they are sweeter and provide great flavor.
Another option for ripe bananas is tea. Cut off the ends and boil the peel in a pot for 10 minutes. Strain it and enjoy your banana tea. Add some honey to improve the taste.
When it comes to cooking, green bananas are preferable. You can use green banana peels to prepare chutneys or curries. You can also use them instead of potatoes. Always buy organic bananas and clean them well before using.
Don’t Forget To Like Our FanPage : https://www.facebook.com/healthyfoodquotes