Yoga therapy are extremely effectively in blood pressure regulation, reducing stress and to achieve better control over own health.
During the day, our blood pressure fluctuates, the arteries expanding and contracting in response to our natural biorhythm and habits. Everything that makes your heart rate speed up – caffeine, heavy physical exertion, anxiety – can now easily increase the pressure. How high blood pressure has no obvious symptoms, it happens that people suffer for years to the point where the negative effects on the body becomes so large that it can not be ignored. Way of life has made it the world’s nearly one billion people suffering from high blood pressure. Over time, high blood pressure can be the cause of heart attack or stroke and permanent kidney damage.
Reduce High Blood Pressure With Yoga
Yoga therapy proved to be an extremely effective way to regulate blood pressure, reduce stress and achieve better control over their own health. For people with high blood pressure, yoga therapy recommends:
• mild, not dynamic yoga – advise the seated asana, where the body bends forward, and gentle sitting and lying positions and rotations in which the body is slightly curved back. All inversions where the heart is above your head are contraindicated. Asanas should be avoided where the balance on hand. Iyangar, the greatest teacher of hatha yoga, to regulate high blood pressure recommends the following positions: Halasan (plug), jana shirshasanu (head to knee) and pashimotanasanu (peg);
• Pranayama (breathing) – when you feel that your blood pressure increases, breathing it can come back into balance. The first and most important step is to become aware of breathing and focus on it. Slowly extend your exhalation. It will relax you. For already experienced in yoga,yoga therapy recommended udžaji breathing, which calms, strengthens the heart and releases suppressed emotions;
• yoga nidra – deep yogic relaxation lowers cortisol levels and thus relieves stress;
• avoidance of stimuli that activate the sympathetic nervous system and raised blood pressure (caffeine, sugar, cigarettes);
• a healthy diet based on unprocessed foods. Avoid salt, and food add garlic and omega 3 essential fatty acids, which are found in oily sea fish, fish and flaxseed oil. They reduce fat in the blood and the risk of arteriosclerosis.
Do not wait to hit the market new drug for lowering pressure. Yoga therapy gives you the opportunity to a healthy and natural way to lower your blood pressure and bring it back to normal. It takes time and dedication, but the results are visible. Solely responsible for your health is to you.