Lignans & Isoflavones
Both these nutrients are phytoestrogens, which means that they can bind to the receptors the estrogens do.
Studies showed that these nutrients are extremely helpful in reducing the risk of endometrial cancer. One such study which covered 500 women, was published by the National Cancer Institute in its journal in 2006, and reported reduced cancer rates in women who consume the highest levels of isoflavones and lignans from jackfruit and other fruits compared to the control group.
Protection of Cellular DNA
The jack fruit can help in protecting your cellular DNA against direct damage from free oxygen radicals thanks to its rich antioxidant content, and It can also prevent induced mutations.
The anti-cancer properties of jackfruit don’t just stop there.
Apart from its rich antioxidant content, the rich fiber content is what makes the jackfruit an amazing colon cleanser that helps in removing toxins from your digestive tract, which means it helps in lowering the risk of colon cancer.
Strengthens Immune System
Jackfruits have the ability to strengthen the immune system due to their abundance in vitamin C and simple sugars.
Researchers conducted a study to analyze the the immune-boosting properties of the sugars present in jackfruit pulp, and concluded that the polysaccharides the jackfruit contains, can help in improving phagocytic cell function. These are cells in the immune system.
Nutritional Value of Jackfruit
Adding this fruit to your diet is of a great importance if you want to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer and improve your digestive system. Here are the reasons why you should start consuming this fruit:
- 1 cup of the fruit has 155 calories with only 4 calories from fat.
- The fruit is very low in saturated fats, cholesterol, and sodium.
- It is rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, niacin, folate, thiamine, and riboflavin.
- Jackfruit contains numerous important minerals such as potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, calcium, zinc, selenium, copper, and phosphorus.
- Their presence of simple sugars is great for your health.
- A cup of this delicious, pulpy jackfruit offers you over 11% of your daily fiber allowance. You should never stop yourself at just a cup.
- Jackfruit has also been widely used in Chinese medicine for eliminating the effects of alcohol. All the more reason you should eat this fruit.
Don’t Forget To Like Our FanPage : https://www.facebook.com/healthyfoodquotes