These light bulbs cause anxiety, migraines, and even cancer
If you are among those people who are continually buying environmentally-friendly new generation energy saving light bulbs in order to save money and energy, then you should know that these light bulbs cause anxiety, migraines and even cancer. These light bulbs are so toxic since when breaking they release a poison gas. Therefore, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency created an emergency protocol you need to follow in case of bulb breakage. According to a study performed by the researchers from the Fraunhofer Wilhelm Klauditz Institute for German’s Federal Environment Agency, if the bulb breakage happens indoor, it releases even 20 times more mercury in the air, which exceeds the maximum acceptable mercury concentration in the air.
Energy Efficient Light Bulbs Can Cause:
- Cluster headaches
- Inability to concentrate
Energy saving bulbs pose great health hazard to children and pregnant women since contain great amount of mercury, a potent neurotoxin causing damage to the brain, liver and kidneys, as well as to nervous, reproductive and immune system. It also causes tremors, insomnia, headaches, anxiety, poor memory, cancer and Alzheimer’s.
Energy saving bulbs can cause cancer, due to their toxic and carcinogenic properties, according to the new conducted study by Peter Brain at Berlin Germany’s Alab Laboratory.
- Phenol is a mildly acidic toxic white crystalline solid, which is sourced from coal tar and used in chemical manufacture.
- Naphthalene is a volatile crystalline chemical, which is obtained through distillation of coal tar and used as a raw material for mothballs and chemical manufacture.
- Styrene is a unsaturated liquid hydrocarbon, which is produced through petroleum production.
Energy saving light bulbs emits a lot of UV rays, which are especially harmful for the eyes and the skin since it can lead to skin cancer.
Even though you now know that these bulbs cause anxiety, migraines, and cancer, you are still considering to use energy saving bulbs because they are cheap and cost saving, instead of standard bulbs, then you should read the follow this protocol in order to know how to protect from the mercury and cancer-causing chemicals.
- People and Pets should leave the room
- Open the windows and doors for at least 15 minutes
- If you have central forced air conditioning system, please shut it off.
- Materials you will need to clean up broken bulb: Cardboard or Stiff paper, Sticky tape, Wet paper towels or wet wipes (for hard surfaces) and A glass jar with a metal lid or a sealable plastic bag.
- DO NOT VACUUM, because thus you will spread the mercury vapor and mercury powder. Vacuum only if there are still glass remains after the cleanup steps.
- Scoop the remaining small glass pieces and powder with a stiff paper or cardboard. Use duct tape to pick up the powder and the glass pieces. Place the used tape in a plastic bag or glass jar afterwards.
- Put the cleanup materials in a sealable container.
- Make sure that you haven’t left any fragments or cleanup materials inside your home.
- Check if there is any local recycling center near your community, but if there isn’t any then dispose the materials with your household trash.
- Open the windows and doors for several hours and make sure your conditioning system is shut off.
Don’t Forget To Like Our FanPage : https://www.facebook.com/healthyfoodquotes